Protein, protein, protein!!!!

arad
on 8/28/09 3:11 am - Louisville, KY
I am really, really, really struggling with protein. I was on the New Whey! drinks for several weeks, but I can no longer stomach them. I've tried the BA shakes, along with several others and they also make me very sick to my stomach......

I know this is a problem for many of us, but I was wondering if you all can post which protein drinks/shakes that you have been able to stomach. I am hoping that I will be able to find something that I have not already tried.

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/09 3:34 am - Glenside, PA
Unjury, Chike, Bariatric Fusion are the ones I use religiously.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/28/09 6:33 am - TX
Slim fast Low Carb RTD, Atkins RTD, Max protein (GNC)

Inspire powders are my all time favorite though.  They don't have a protein after taste.

AshleyDillo
on 8/28/09 11:52 am - Tallahassee, FL
Inspire has been the best for me.  I can handle the Body Fortress powder from Wal-Mart and that's really the cheapest way.  Nectar was nasty, but since I prefer juicy drinks to creamy drinks I just mask the taste with Crystal Light and I can tolerate it that way..as long as I don't smell it.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

IRAYD8U
on 8/28/09 9:46 pm - MONTICELLO, MN

I use Muscle Milk light premixed shakes at work. 
Designer Whey-chocolate peanut carmel with some SF nesquick, 1T p.b, and half a banana in the blender.......YUMMY!  This to me doesn't taste at all like protien.....
I absolutely hated the Nectur Fuzzy Navel!....It smelled and tasted like a protein powder ....LOL
Heather

HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
MotoMommy
on 8/29/09 7:58 am - oceanside, CA
 ** Living my life.... **

Pat G.
on 8/29/09 1:45 pm - Benton, LA
I'm having a hard time, too. In ready-to-drink shakes, I gagged on SlimFast and Atkins, but the EAS Advantage Dark Chocolate has tasted really good to me. I've bought Body Fortress whey protein powder in vanilla which tastes nasty. I bought a couple of sample packs from the health food store that were also gag worthy. Don't remember the brand names. But tonight I tried a sample of strawberry powder they gave me at the health food store and it tasted good to me. The brand is Bluebonnet. It's a whey protein. They gave me three other flavors - french vanilla, chocolate and mixed berry. I haven't mixed and tasted them yet, but they smell good. They don't have that nasty whanky smell the Body Fortress vanilla has.

Kingswifey
on 8/30/09 3:56 pm - AK
i purchased a sample packs online they were like 20 bucks a piece BUT there were like 15+ diff kinds in each order so i have about 30 diff to try, and so far i liked 1... the syntax nectar crystal sky!!! it tastes like a blue powerade!!! otherwise i am still trying new things, the bullets make me gag, and the smell of some of them do as well... Isopure i could actually stand the taste BUT not the after slime in my throat... i get barely any food in all day i have to force myself to eat but drinking is no problem... i really need to up my protein and caloric intake!!! trial and error... ttys
Melissa

~~Missing My Soldier & Loving Our Children~~
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRGU8tS/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wRGU8tS/weight.png">>

luanne711
on 9/1/09 1:37 am - Bradford, PA
The easiest and tastiest one I have used so far is the Nectar Cappacino.  I pour 1 cup of skim milk in my shaker cup, plus 1 scoop of the protein.  You have to shake it up very well.  Sometimes I warm the milk just to get the chill off (not HOT!!) because you don't want your protein to clump.  Then I make a cup of decaf coffee and mix it all together.  After your protein has been mixed, it shouldn't clump and it does best with cold liquids.  I've been drinking this basically 2 X a day and have not gotten sick of it yet.  

I also have the caribbean cooler and Strawberry Kiwi which I make shakes out of.  Again, I mix them with skim milk (yum), but I do add some fresh fruit to the blender too to add a bit more flavor.  I tried real kiwi and I don't recommend that because of too many seeds (eventually, I think that'll be ok, but for now, I think I'll try to work around the seeds), but I chop 1/4 of a banana, some cantaloupe, strawberries (whatever I have on hand) and blend it all together.  Sometimes I throw in a bit of the SF flavored syrups to add a bit of chocolate flavor.  Doctor them up.  For a bit more protein, I also have thrown in a 4 oz container of yogurt (sometimes greek yogurt). 

Another thing I DON'T do is "smell the drink".  The protein smell hasn't bothered me at all, but I also suspect that it's because I've masked "the smell" with fruit scents so it all works together. 

You have to be creative with your protein drinks and make them yummy and healthy too.  They're nasty if you don't add a little kick to them.
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views